Life is unpredictable; one could face any emergency at any time. So we must have a basic knowledge of first aid. It’s all about providing primary medical care in case of suspected illness or injury. It may be either initial support provided to someone in case of a medical emergency, or with a minor injury, such as minor cuts, headache and insect stings.
Many homeopaths came to homeopathy in the first place through a positive experience of using a remedy in a first aid situation. So we are here to provide you some of the information to put together your own remedy kit to use in first-aid situations for yourself, friends and family. A number of homeopathic remedies are available, that are used as first aid treatments at home or at work that are based on the principle of “like cures like”.
Homeopathy gives a super positive result when it is used as first aid in many cases. Here are some remedies and medicines which you must know.
- Aconite or Aconitum napellus is used to treat sudden headache, or sore throat, which usually comes from change of weather.
- Apis or Apis mellifica is a useful remedy for allergic reactions caused by insect bites. It lowers the pain and stinging effect immediately.
- Arnica or Arnica montana is a herbal medicine extracted from plants that is effective for muscle soreness and minor injuries, like a knee colliding with a table corner or toddler falling and getting a goose egg.
- Arsenicum or Arsenicum Album is a key medicine for almost all diseases related to food poisoning. Such as heartburn and indigestion.
- Calendula is used as antiseptic for the treatment of wounds, minor burns, skin redness and diaper rashes. It draws germs and dirt immediately from wounds.
- Nux vomica is a commonly used remedy for all types of overdoing, it may be extra alcohol consumption, over eating, or excessive working. In addition to that this medicine is also effective for under sleeping conditions.
- Rhus tox or Rhus toxicodendron is all in one medicine it is used as a first aid treatment for many ailments such as sore muscles and joints, treating bruised, poison ivy and chicken pox.
Note: This Blog is only for information purposes If you think you are suffering from a medical condition see your Homeopath. Do not self-diagnose. Tell your homeopath if you are taking homeopathic medicines. You should never disregard medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on any website.